Sunday 22 December 2013

Beauty blowout


Happy Christmas to me.
I am now the proud owner of my first Mac products and I am so damn happy.
I suffer from very rosy cheeks and I HATE it. So I decided to treat myself to some good quality make up which would hopefully sort the problem out. 



So I popped into House of Fraser, Croydon whilst I was finishing off my Christmas shopping yesterday. 
The very helpful Mac Sales Assistant, Sarah sat me down and started to apply the foundation and concealer, followed by the powder. I only really went in there to get foundation but I was sold by how amazing the three products looked on my skin I decided to grab the whole lot.

Sarah started by moisturising my face and then applied the foundation with a brush. Once the foundation was on, she dabbed the concealer onto my problem areas, which are my rosy cheeks. With a powder brush, she then pressed the hydrating power onto my face. Sarah explained that it is very important to press the powder on, instead of applying it in circular motions because that only just moves the foundation/concealer around your face and what you want is to fix the product. These products stayed put all day through the terrible wet and windy weather. It was still perfect even after I fell asleep on the sofa.

Here are the prices...

Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation: £25
Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35: £15
Studio Careblend/Pressed: £20

So as you can see these products are expensive but well worth it, in my opinion. 
But please can no-one tell my boyfriend how much I spent on make up. 


I was also desperate to try one of the new Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. So I popped into Boots and picked up the peach one. It gives your lips a lovely shimmer and is also very hydrating, I love it. 

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Peach: £2.99

Has anyone else splashed out on themselves this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment